Sunday, April 12, 2015

Direct Speech and Indirect Speech



Direct Speech and Indirect Speech
         1.       Direct Speech (Kalimat Langsung)
*  It’s a speech or a sentence spoken by a speaker directly
*  It has a quotation “ ” in a written language
Example :
1.       Mariana says “I am busy.” => Declaratiive
2.       Tika said “Close the door!” => Imperative
3.       “Where is my bag?” Novi said. => WH-Questions
4.       “Are you okay, Tia?” Dina told Tia => Yes/No Questions
         2.       Indirect Speech (Kalimat Tak Langsung) => Reported Speech
*  It’s a sentence or a speech that is reported by someone
*  The indirect speech comes from the direct speech
·           To change the direct speech into the reported/indirect speech, we mmust know the form of the direct speech.
·           The form of the direct speech are :
1.       Statement/Declarative/Pernyataan
2.       Command/Imperative/Perintah
3.       Questions/WH-Question, Yes/No Question
ð        1. Indirect speeech from Statement
You can  use conjungtion “That” /Bahwa
*  To change the direct speech from a statement, you must pay attention
*  To the intoduction sentence
It uses present tense or past tense
1.       If present tense the main clouse doesn’t change in the tense
2.       If past tense the main clouse change in the tense
It change into past form
Example :
1.       Ana says “I am a SMK student” =>  IS/RS : Ana says that she is a SMK student
2.       Siska said “I am not a SMK student” => IS/RS : Siska said that she was  not a SMK student
3.       “I use my laptop” Tia said => IS/RS : Tia said that she used her laptop
4.       “I speech English everyday.” Jack says to me. => IS/RS : Jack says to me that he speech English everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment